Tuesday, March 10, 2020
RE.: COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
The United States Government has taken steps to discourage its citizens from travelling to affected countries as well as encouraging those returning to self-quarantine for a period of 14 days. Besides, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recently announced that the U.S. should be prepared for a potential outbreak. As this has become a graver concern, we at the Fairfield County SDA School have taken some necessary protective and preventative steps. These include:
- Consistent sanitizing of door handles, computers, desks, chairs and all common areas.
- Public education to students concerning thorough washing of hands, the use of hand sanitizers, and the use of facial tissue for coughs and sneezes.
- Adequate provision of hand sanitizers and facial tissue to students.
- Discouraging handshakes and hugs.
- Encouraging students to minimize or eliminate touching of the face and sucking of fingers.
- Parents are encouraged to keep a child who becomes ill at home, especially if he or she is running an abnormal temperature. If a child becomes noticeably ill at school, the parents will be notified immediately and required to remove the child from the general school population.
Due to the impending threat of this virus, Northeastern Conference Education Department has put schools on alert, should the city of Bridgeport be adversely affected, and school closure becomes mandatory.
Consequently, we are putting contingency plans so there is minimal disruption in the education of your child/children. We will provide hard copies of lessons and activities as well as utilize the varied online sources to engage your child/children effectively at home.